Hi,

I found the "QgsValueRelationSearchWidgetWrapper" class, which seems to have a "setExpression" method - but I don't know how I can access and change the QgsValueRelationSearchWidgetWrapper of an existing ComboBox in the attribute form.

Andreas

On 2023-02-13 11:31, Andreas Neumann via QGIS-Developer wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for a code snippet in PyQGIS: how can I change the filter expression for a value relation widget?

Technically, the widget seems to be a QComboBox. I can get access to the combobox, e.g. to get the current value - but how can I access the QGIS related functionality, like changing programmatically settings of the value relation widget , such as the filter expression? I found the QgsValueRelationFieldFormatter object, but it doesn't allow me to change the filter expression. Any idea how I would change the filter expression using Python?

Thank you for any hints,

Andreas