Hi,

Like that other decision - that was a bit hard to find (you helped me find it in QEP 239) - I don't know exactly where the quarantine rule originated. I am pretty sure there was discussion.

Nyall: can you please share some background when and why it was introduced and if this decision can be found in some QEP or PSC decision?

Note that I am not questioning the quarantine rule - I think it makes sense - but I want to discuss the combination of the quarantine rule with the thinned out release cycle - and how we can improve things in this respect.

Thank you all for the discussion,

Andreas

On 2023-03-01 10:16, Jürgen E. Fischer via QGIS-Developer wrote:

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, 28. Feb 2023 at 08:55:49 +0100, Andreas Neumann via QGIS-Developer wrote:

However, the situation is, that there is also a "quarantine rule" - which is not mentioned in QEP 239 - but it helps to prevent untested patches to end up in LTR versions, by delaying the backports until the backport was
first tested in the non-LTR stable release.

Where is that quarantine rule?  Is it tied into the backport bot?

In the good old days I'd apply my fixes to master also to the release branches, once the showed to work in master and didn't produce additional complains from users of the nightlies. And that ideally not shortly before the release so
people could still try the release nightlies.

Jürgen