Hi

You may need to put a line like this

QApplication.processEvents()

to ensure a refresh takes place of visual elements.

On 11/09/23 20:21, Raymond Nijssen via QGIS-Developer wrote:
Hi,

For a plugin I made my own type of layoutItem which renders some kind of special graph. However, when the code adds the item to a layout, the rectangle is there but the content does not get rendered.

Now when I run this line in the console:

layout_manager = QgsProject.instance().layoutManager()

the layout item does get rendered, and also every next layout works properly. I put the line of code just above my layout item's class definition and it solves the problem. But I'd like to know if this is the right approach and why this line of code is needed. (Or if this is a bug?)

Thanks!

Raymond