Hi Tim,

We already have a problem managing plugins.

The situation will be no better in the future. My suggestion is not to add an additional problem, just to solve the current one. I understand your point and opening comments can be a problem. But can also add valuable information about the plugins. It is a tradeoff.

I would allow comments from authenticated users [1], without any moderation. The purpose is to get evaluations and feedback from several users, not from just one user. It works well, as far as I know, at Wordpress as I mentiones, and many more software with plugins.

It makes sense to be open text, to raise questions, security and privacy issues and point out features not available in any predefined list of options.

Maybe in the future we can discuss this again, when we have 10k plugins ;-)

Best regards,

Jorge

[1] Quote from GNOME Extensions: "Unfortunately, to help prevent spam, we require that you log in to GNOME Shell Extensions <https://extensions.gnome.org/accounts/login/> in order to post a comment or report an error. You understand, right?"