Hi all,

I'd like to know if/how I can embed SVG symbols into a QGS file. This is
so I can pass along a single QGS file to other people, without requiring
to send or synchronize items in the
$qgis_install_dir/share/qgis/svg/symbol/ directory.

In the QGS file, I see something of interest:
<pointsymbol>some_target</pointsymbol>
where "some_target" could be (I'm guessing) an internal keyword like
"hard:circle" or a reference to a file on a computer
"svg:C:\folder\mysymbol.svg". I'd like to know if I can (and where)
define a svg element that I can use in the project file. For example,
the source for a simple SVG symbol:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<svg  version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"; overflow="visible"
xml:space="preserve" id="mysymbol">
<circle fill="#777777" stroke="#000000" cx="0" cy="0" r="5"/>
</svg>

Could I move this source into my QGS file and reference "mysymbol" somehow?
Thanks in advance.
+mt