On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Tomasz Suchan <tomasz.suc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to experiment with PyQGIS but I'm experiencing some problems...
> When adding shapefile I get:

Hi Tomasz,

the prefix is incorrect. The path should be:
/usr - in case you're using distribution packages
/usr/local - in case you're using self-compiled installation with
default settings

If you've compiled QGIS with some non-default directory (e.g.
/home/username/qgis) then use that path.

The path is needed to determine where to search for provider modules
and more stuff, so if it's not correct, providers won't be loaded.

Regards
Martin