Paolo Cavallini wrote:

Tim Sutton ha scritto:

Hi

On Wednesday 18 February 2009 23:12:12 Barend Kobben wrote:

Hi,

When can we expect a 'stand-alone' Win package (and/or installer). It's
really not useable in our university setting to distribute QGIS through the
the whole OS4geoW, especially for use in a digital learning environment...

There is a work around in the mean time : http://blog.qgis.org/node/124

Our win packer seems to have reverted to Real Life (TM) and until we find a
substitute I am afraid the work around will be needed.

I agree; I have never tried myself, but judging from the feedback I
receive, the new installer is perceived as very difficult by the average
win user.
Would it be possible to save a standalone package, ready to install,
with all the relevant libraries and plugins (including GRASS of course)?

As well as ecw and mrsid support, as offered in the OSGeo4W installer...
Thnaks.
pc

Cheers,
Micha