Brian J. Torreano wrote:
Do you have any suggestions?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Brian,

You installed the MSVC 2008 Redistributable Package (x86),[1] right? If this didn't fix it, try clearing the QuantimGIS entry in the Windows registry. If you're brave, go to Start > Run, type regedit and OK.

Within the Registry editor, navigate using the left-hand browser:
My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QuantumGIS

(I'm guessing this is in here for the previous version of QGIS, but I don't know for sure)

Select QuantumGIS folder from left-hand side and delete it. Be very careful with this step, and make sure you are only deleting this folder and nothing else.

-Mike

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en