I'm hoping that someone can help....

I just installed versions (1.0, 1.2, and 1.1) of QGIS using the OSGEO4W installer. I first ran 1.2 and added 4 .tif files to a new QGIS project file and saved it. I shut down QGIS and later re-opened it and tried opening the project and got messages saying that the layers couldn't be found. When I tried adding the .tif files again the dialog for adding image layers only displayed the type "GRASS and all other files", this was different from what it showed originally. When I tried selecting an image using this type I got the error message that: "this is not a supported raster data source". I tried uninstalling everything that was installed (using the OSGEO4W installer) and then reinstalling everything but this did not help. I had the QGIS versions and GRASS desktop applications installed and several libraries and command line utilities installed.

Is there a way to get back the full list of raster data types to the dialog to add the raster layers?

thanks,
            Bob Bruce
18:03:00