I have just put the Image Cutter plugin to the repository: http://www.mappinggeek.ca/QGISPythonPlugins/Bobs-QGIS-plugins.xml. We use this plugin to extract image tiles from a QGIS Image Layer. I have only tested this on Windows so I'm not sure how other OSs will work with it. Feedback would be appreciated.

Help on the plugin is available at: http://www.mappinggeek.ca/QGISPythonPlugins/image_cutter/indexInternet.html

This plugin may be incorported at some point into the GDAL Tools plugin but I'm releasing here for the time being.

thanks,
            Bob Bruce
05:52:00