Hi!

Yes ArcGIS brings it's own copy of Python with it (with ArcGIS 9.2 it is Python 2.4). And of course ArcGIS sets the System wide Path to it's own version of Python. Probably this PATH isn't cleaned out when uninstalling ArcGIS? I never tried it.

I'd recommend investigating the PATH and uninstalling the Python24 from ArcGIS also - if it doesn't get uninstalled automatically by cleaning out arcgis..

good luck

Werner
Tim,

This is a problem with all python plugins. The problem only happens to 2 students
out of ~20 and seems related to the presence (even former presence) of
arcgis (which, I think, has it's own copy of python, am I wrong?). The intriguing point is that Antonio says that uninstalling arcgis does not solve the problem.
Any hint appreciated.

Thanks

Agus