Mats Elfström wrote:
Hi! (this is a bit OT rant)
What it the matter with Qgis versus MS Windows? According to w3schools, the windows family operating systems account for 90% of all users world wide. There is nothing to indicate that GIS people should differ from this pattern. Open source should not be platform dependent but I still claim that QGis is. There are dozens of Mac and Linux versions with funny names but only two Windows versions that apparently never works satisfactorily.
I have all but given up recommending QGis for Windows systems.
Hi Mats,
I'm a (mainly) Windows user, and I work without problem with QGIS in Windows... I don't understand your problems. Could you be more precise? In Windows XP I'm using with great satisfaction QGIS 1.4 (trunk), installed with OSGeo4W, with all amazing last updates and every day I can update my installation with the last version...
It seems to me that you are polemic without reason :-)
Ale