Examples that would be helpful include setting up the
triggers/views/functions that you alluded to below . . .

If anyone has taken up John Tull's challenge to create the QGis/PostGIS tutorial, I'd like to know about it and help if I can.

I'm working on a utility application where the QGis, PostGIS, Python-plugin combination has proven particularly flexible. This includes things like automatically populating the county field in the database when a customer is placed or moved. (Taxing entities want to know.)

The whole QGis, Postgres, PostGIS, Python, Psycopg2, Qt, PyQt, QtDesigner cluster is incredibly powerful, but it can be daunting at the beginning.

Ron Bentley