I have a simple project which includes a BlueMarble geotiff background, a shapefile of U.S. state boundaries, and several shapefiles of projected tropical storm tracks. When I save an image of the map interactively using the "Save as Image" menu item, the resulting png file accurately reflects what is on the screen. However, when I save an image from the command line using "$ qgis tropical.qgs --snapshot snapshot.png" the BlueMarble image is shifted. You can see the images here (I converted the png files to jpeg to save space/bandwidth):

http://gotslack.org/hammack/qgis

I am running QGIS 1.7 built from scratch on a Slackware 13.1 system. All of the files are in epsg:4326. I have the same problem if I use a TrueMarble geotiff in place of the BlueMarble so it seems like a problem with "snapshot" rather than with the data. I used the same method last hurricane season with QGIS 1.6 and had no problems.

Any ideas?

                                                    Thanks,
                                                        Jim