I am a newbie and I am regularly making maps on Wikimedia Commons with
Inkscape. I am trying to make sense of Qgis and the many possibilities it
offers but to no avail.

What is the Grass database? What can I retrieve from it? Maps, sure, but what
kind of maps? What is the scope of the GRASS database?

What goes for GRass goes for other databases as well? What is on those
databases? Where can I find that kind of information?

Answering my questions would mean much to me because right now I am struggling.

Emile.