Am 22.12.2011 11:45, schrieb magerlin:
[snip]
I have experienced several cases of Qgis hanging when panning or zooming but
I am not able to point at any specific situations where it happens. It has
been on projects with WMS backgrounds so I don't know if WMS also is the
issue here?

With WMS I have also in some cases experienced that after "ticking off" a
WMS layer in the layers pane it will nor reappear when I tick it on again. I
will have to remove it and add it again (the usual trick off panning or
zoomin a little has no effect).

Hello,

this sounds like maybe the network connection or maybe the responsiveness of the WMS might be an issue? Questions of Cache, Proxy, overall network load...

Just ideas thrown in...

Albin