Hi Marco,

I tested with the Samsung Galaxy Notes telephone on Android 2.3.x and it seems to work fine! Good job!

Andreas

On Wed, 01 Feb 2012 00:51:38 +0100, Marco Bernasocchi wrote:
Hi all,
Lately I’ve been working on adding native GPS support to QGIS on
Android and sucessfully managed to implement it. A big thanks goes to
the municipality of Schoten in Belgium which sponsored the
developement. This functionality is included in the latest nightly
builds as of yesterday and in master-alpha4.

Furthermore I've implemented a plugin that reads the internal compass
readings and shows the value in a small dock widget.

Other bugs like the font size have been fixed and the overall look is
much nicer.

As usual, all the latest news, bugs and downloads can be found at [0]
or on my blog [1]

As a last message, remember that any economic support will make QGIS
on android evolve much quicker, so if you can, or know somebody who
could, please consider sponsoring.

Ciao
Marco

[0] http://android.qgis.org