I have a building and roads plan done in a cad package and want to accurately
georeference it and deal with it in qgis.  I can choose fixed points on the
.dxf file and get accurate gps readings for these points but am wondering how
to do the conversion in qgis?  If it were a raster image then it would be a
simple matter of georeferencing the image but I want to keep the vector format
so that its possible to edit and layer with other maps of the area.

--
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt
charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302).