From: qgis-user-boun...@lists.osgeo.org
[mailto:qgis-user-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Michael Spencer
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:02 PM
To: QGIS Users
Subject: [Qgis-user] GPS route

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a .gpx route along a straight line, but with a node
~100m. i.e. I have a transect and wish to survey every 100m. How can I split
straight polylines with a node every 100m, but keep the same line?

Obviously I can create points every 100m using the GRASS toolbox, but these
are then converted to a waypoint when saved as gpx. If I save the two node
lines then the GPS wont indicate when I've reached the next survey point...

Any help gladly appreciated!
Michael