Hi Nathan/Andreas,

I would happily use another method to deal with this but I haven’t managed to
come up with one.

My layer has site boundaries (20 of them) on it. I also have a layer with
buffers for my sites in it. I have a buffer per site (20 sites) and these are
from a PostGIS view as these alter whenever I change the site boundary. I would
like to then add each site boundary and each buffer onto a map as a separate
layer because:

1) I add the site boundary and the buffer to a group, then the users can then
turn each one on and off as needed when looking at the project file in QGIS.

2) For map production (using composers) I have a composer per site. I lock the
layers in the composer map item and then jpg all my maps at the end. To do this
I need to have each buffer on a separate layer as otherwise it would show the
other sites as they are quite close together.

The only way I can think to do this at the moment is to add each layer 20
times, and then query it by each individual site.

James

James Stott BSc (Hons) MSc | Senior Professional
Nicholas Pearson Associates | 30 Brock Street | Bath | BA1 2LN
T: 01225 445548 | M: -
http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/