El día 19 de marzo de 2012 00:59, naomi jackson
<naomijackson...@yahoo.com> escribió:

> This project will be launched on PC's for certain departments and they do
> not work with QGIS(they need it for display only) and most of the time
> they require a automated program where they do not need to learn steps
> of opening up projects....

But then do yo want to automatically open a layer or automatiaclly
open a project?

You can achieve the latter this way:
qgis --project projectfile

> What do you gain if you have a separate tree in the menu if you already
> have a layer tree in QGIS?
> a click and all is done.

That's two clicks: (1) open the menu item, (2) select the desired
layer. Zoom to layer from the legend also requires two clicks usually.

> Is it possible to automatically update the QGIS database when we make
> changes in Access table??or it has to be done manually every time we
> update the Access table(.mbd)

Which QGIS database and which Access table?
You can add layers from a .mdb ESRI geodatabase to a QGIS proyect, if
that's what you mean. But I think they're read only --you can't edit
them from QGIS.

Goyo