Am 10.04.12 12:33, schrieb Hannah Pethen:
I have observed a similar problem with Google mercator and vector
files. I have a google satellite map, and several point vector files
all in google mercator transformation, but the relationship between
the locations on the map and the locations of the points of the
vector files are not stable. If I open print composer or change the
zoom I find the points have moved relative to the map, so that my
points are not longer in the correct places, although I don't know
whether the points or the map have moved (or both?). The same thing
happens with vector line files. This happens whether or not I have
'on the fly transformation' checked and if I check 'on the fly
transformation' and then use vector files in another transformation
(e.g. EPSG4326) the same problem occurs. I wonder if there is an
issue with the stability of the transformation and if this is
affecting both my point locations and the polygon areas referred to
by Nick.

You could try using EPSG:3857 instead of EPSG:900913. For some strange reasons raster data transformed to EPSG:900913 is located on the map different from EPSG:3857 projected rasters. Maybe another Qgis-guesses-projection-issue.

Greetings,
Andre Joost