which version of gdal did you install in osgeo4w?

try this and see if NetCDF shows up, if not then the build does NOT
have netcdf support (haven't checked)

gdalinfo --formats

If it does show up, can you try the following and post here:

gdalinfo --debug on  loire.nc

ncdump -h loire.nc

you probably may need to install ncdump from

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install.html#Prebuilt-DLL
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/win32/netcdf-4.1.1-win32-bin.zip

Etienne