Hi,

in my organisation we use a default project with a couple of standard layers already loaded. We used to have a bunch of default print templates in there, too (A4/A3/A0 each portrait and landscape). It turned out that the load time of the project was _a lot_ longer with the print templates than without them.

Bernhard

Am 11.06.2012 01:04, schrieb Jake Maier:
-----Original Message-----
From: qgis-user-boun...@lists.osgeo.org [mailto:qgis-user-
boun...@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Christine
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2012 6:26 PM
To: qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] default print template

" ...,  I don't want to each time I open the composer to load the
template, ..."

Well, if you create a new QGIS project, in the print composer you have
only to load a template (*.qgt) once. It will be saved with the project
file (*.qgs). Actually you can load and save several templates/map
compositions in the map composer of a QGIS project. You may also rename
or delete them, if you like.

There will never be a template that will satisfy the needs of all/many
users. A good idea could be creating a collection of templates for
different purposes, so users might choose and download their favorites
- similar like with the plugins.

Regards, Christine

[JM]
That is a good work around and something I need to start much more to set up
for my purposes.
It's that little bit of extra work at the beginning (which nobody has time
to do) which will save so much work in the long run.
Again thanks Christine
Jake

________ Information from NOD32 ________
http://www.nod32.com