Am 23.06.2012 16:45, schrieb Kurt Menke:
Hello,

I have experienced consistent issues with the latest OpenLayers plugin with
QGIS 1.7.4. The only way I can get the plugin to work is if I open a new
QGIS project, set my project CRS to Google Mercator (EPSG: 900913) and then
add an OpenLayers layer such as OpenStreetMap or Google. However, if I then
add another layer, for example a shapefile in EPSG: 4326, QGIS crashes. If I
set my project to anything other than Google Mercator, QGIS crashes as soon
as I try to add an OpenLayers plugin layer to the map canvas.

The project *must* *have* the CRS of the Google/OSM Tiles (reprojected tiles would look ugly). In the latest version, this is EPSG:3857. 900913 will be depricated in future Versions of Qgis. The Openlayers plugin works fine with that. Windows 7 Qgis 1.7.4 standalone installer.

HTH,
Andre Joost