Manuel,

Once you clip the layers, break the multi-part components apart use the following menu sequence "Vector > Geometry Tools > Multiparts to Single Parts" -- then they can be summed. You will need to relate you bits back to your buffer layers however, to match which bit goes in which buffer.

Alternatively, and easier in my mind, you could "Union" your layers. This creates an exploded layer where each bit has attributes of both parent layers. You can then delete those elements that do not have a buffer value. Two steps but less messy.