Hi Jürgen,

Am 19.07.2012 11:15, schrieb Jürgen E. Fischer:
Hi Bernhard,

On Thu, 19. Jul 2012 at 11:01:24 +0200, Bernhard Ströbl wrote:
Therefore QGIS 1.7.4 loads the view with an sql-query e.g.
"upper(geometrytype("the_geom")) IN ('POLYGON','MULTIPOLYGON')" whereas
1.8 does not. So 1.7 only checked 100 features and detected their
geometry type and made sure that only fitting types are loaded by
setting an appropriate query.

You checked "use estimated metadata" in 1.7, but apparently not in 1.8.

I already realized that (see the post before my last post)

Also QGIS 1.7 offered the possibility to already open a schema while
still detecting. The type said "waiting" for the views in question but
you could nevertheless load a layer where the geometry type was already
detected (e.g. because it is registered in geometry_columns).

The detection is now done in a thread, so you can cancel the detection.

also as a user - how?

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature
database 7311 (20120719) __________