James,

I'm using suds in my plugin on windows 7 64bits.

The problem as you mention it, is how to include it in your plugin.
For my self I didn't bother because I made a setup.exe that install
suds and the plugin where they need to be.

I suppose you can copy it in your plugin dir and do something like:
from my_plugin import suds
suds.blabla

It should work.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_...@wildintellect.com> wrote:
> James,
>
> This discussion would be better for the qgis-developer mailing list.
>
> To get started, are you talking about a C++ or a python plugin, and what
> language is the Suds library in?
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>

> On 07/31/2012 07:12 AM, James Stott wrote:
>> I would like to write a plugin which retrieves data using web services.
>>
>> It would appear I need to use SOAP to send and receive  requests. How
>> would I go about setting up soap? I have OSGeo4W installed on Windows 7
>> 64 bit.
>>
>> Could anyone advise me on what the best method to go about this would
>> be? I am using OSGEO4W but I cannot find a SOAP library in the package
>> listing.
>>
>> I have found the Suds library which looks promising. How would I go
>> about making sure this would be usable in a plugin in QGIS on all
>> platforms - is there a way to include the suds library with my plugin?
>>
>> James
>>

>> James Stott BSc (Hons) MSc | Senior Professional
>> Nicholas Pearson Associates | 30 Brock Street | Bath | BA1 2LN
>> T: 01225 445548 | M: -
>> http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/
>>
>> http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/about-news.asp
>>
>> http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/terms.asp
>> This Electronic Transmission is intended only for the attention of the
>> addressee. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you
>> are not the person for whom it is intended, you must not copy, distribute or
>> take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this electronic
>> transmission in error please notify us immediately by telephone, delete the
>> transmission and destroy any hard copies.
>> Nicholas Pearson Associates has used all reasonable efforts to ensure that
>> this message and any attachments are free from viruses.
>> Nicholas Pearson Associates, 30 Brock Street, Bath, BA1 2LN , Tel: +44 (0)
>> 01225 445548, Fax: +44 (0) 01225 312387, Website:
>> http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/

Alex