Am 23.09.2012 21:53, schrieb Etienne Tourigny:

I haven't made any docs yet, I though it was straight-forward to use,
but I guess not.

As a software user, I can tell you that this almost never works ;-)

First you select the package you want

-  Use gradients that ship with qgis ->  uses the minimal selection
laready present
-  QGis selection ->  free to distribute selection, about 800 gradients
- Full cpt-city selection ->  all gradients,(about 6000)

Next you select the installation folder - if you are the only user,
you can select your profile folder $HOME/.qgis

Then you click Update, package is downloaded and installed.

Go to the style manager->Color ramps and add a new ramp "cpt-city",
you can browse by selection of by author.

Every 7 days the plugin looks for updates, and you can manually check
by clicking update. But this shouldn't happen too often.

You should add that it looks for updates of the color ramps, not updates of the plugin itself ;-)

There ya go!

What about a little help button at the bottom with this information?

Greetings,
André Joost