Am 15.11.12 09:27, schrieb Luís de Sousa:
Hi André,

I was running QGis 1.8, exactly which release I can't say anymore (it
doesn't run).

But I am still getting the same error when I run qgis. Apart from that,
uDig, Mapserv and PyWPS are also not running at this stage. Whatever
happened to python-gdal it totally messed up my system.

I have downgraded python-gdal from 1.9.3 to 1.7.3 as explained in this old
thread:

I'm afraid I can't help you very much, but Gdal running with Qgis 1.8 is Version 1.9.1. Might be that 1.7.3 ist too old for current Qgis.

HTH,
André Joost