Hi all

It needs a bit more examination in which cases the problems occure. It is reasonable to me that there is a crash if 'print as raster' is checked and for the export to image file. In these cases, the whole composer content is rendered into one big image first. It is not clear to me why it crashes (or if it doesn't?) if printing to pdf (without print as raster). Because QGIS tiles the rasters internally and draws the images one by one using QPrinter. So in theory, this should already work without using too much memory.

Regards,
Marco