On 27/03/2013, at 19:54 , Jesus Munoz Serrano wrote:

> hi,
>
> I am using QGIS 1.8 on OS X Lion. Is it normal to have problems on the
> overlaying when using open layer plug in?? every time I zoom in or out it
> changes the location of features respect to the google layer (probably is the
> google layer the one who change). any help on this issue, please? it is
> really annoying!!
>
> Also tried with qgis 1.7.4 and I get the same problem
>
> Thanks,
> Jesus

Hi,

More than likely the answer is yes. The google imagery is tiled and designed to
be viewed at particular scales (zooms). If you're overlaying data at a
different scale to one of the predefined scales then the overlay won't happen
correctly. So, it's how the data is packaged by google, rather than the plugin
itself.
It is annoying, but given the imagery is at no monetary cost, I can live with
this,

If you search through this mailing list, and other places there's quite a bit
of information in other threads on this topic for example:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2012-February/015579.html

-ramon.
PS. This is (mostly) unrelated to your question. What does your google imagery
look like when it first loads up? Does it load just what you need or the whole
world several times over?