Am 28.03.2013 21:03, schrieb Patrice Vetsel:
I wan't to add the length of a line as label in a shape file layer.

I use the $length but when I use the tool to measure I don't have the
same values.

I'v found on the net that may be I must use a special projection
(here I'm using EPSG:4326)

It's seem's complicated, may be it's missing feature to add a "metric
length" in label tool ?

If your shape file is in EPSG:4326, the layer units are in degrees, and the result of $length will also be in degrees.

If you want the length in metres, try a UTM projection suitable for your part of the world.

HTH,
André Joost