No we haven't lost support for those. We never really did it was just some
uncertainity around license but those have been sorted now.

Sent from some fancy phone looking thingo
------------------------------
From: Micha Silver
Sent: 23/05/2013 7:25 PM
To: Bernd Vogelgesang
Cc: agustin.l...@ictja.csic.es; qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] [Ubuntu] MrSID for QGIS 1.8 in Ubuntu Precise

   On 23/05/2013 11:30, Bernd Vogelgesang wrote:

Hi Agustin,

nope, no answer.
Actually my very disappointing workaround was, to install VirtualBox and
Windows on it and run QGIS from there.

Sorry to butt in, how does running QGIS on a windows VM help the problem
with MrSid and ECW? AFAIK, we've lost support for those formats now on
windows also.

Thanks,
Micha

On native Linux, i only use the debian-nightly master for playing around
(or better: watching it crash).

Cheers
Bernd

Am 23.05.2013, 08:35 Uhr, schrieb Agustin Lobo