Le mardi 01 octobre 2013 12:11:01, Bernd Vogelgesang a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have a FileGDB, formerly created in ArcGis 9.2, and then transformed
> to a 10-Version.
> The FileGDB has a size of 1,6 MB(!), and when i select one of the
> layers, which contains 150 polygons only, it takes about 2 minutes to
> open the layer.
> Showing the attribute table takes another 2 minutes.
> During this time the CPU-load jumps from 20% to 60% and back.
> Trying to do anything else with QGIS sooner or later leeds to a crash.
>
> Question: Does anyone work successfully with ESRI-FileGDB?
> What might be the reason for this encredibly bad performance?

Bernd,

Difficult to know without actually being able to reproduce. What is the
performance of converting it to a shapefile for example with ogr2ogr ?

ogr2ogr target.shp /path/to/source.gdb

One case that I'm aware to have bad performance with the FGDB SDK is when a
layer has hundreds of fields par feature, like with US Census files.

If you can share your database, I can also try having a look (at the OGR side
of things)

Regards,

Even

--