Agustin Lobo <alobolistas@...> writes:

> I'm finding wrong, distorted results with qgis 2.0 georeferencer. We've tried
> with the same set of gcp's in envi and the same polynomial (deg 2) and
> there the results are correct, but with
> qgis the result is very distorted. Actually, the errors represented by
> the red segments in the
> georeferencer do not correspond with the actual gcps displayed  on the
reference
> image in Qgis main display.
> See an snapshot here:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3180464/georef_error.jpeg
>
> It looks like if the polynomial were not correctly fit?
>
> I've run the gdal commands on the terminal and the result is the same,
> so this could be a gdal problem.
> Has anybody found the same problem? Just checking before reporting.

Please send the exact GDAL command that gets created and even better if you
can put somewhere an original small sample image and expected result that
you get from envi so someone can repeat. And for comparison everything that
is needed to repeat what you did with envi too if someone happens to have
that software available.

-Jukka Rahkonen-