Hi Everybody,

I have a vector layer that exist out of about 1000 polygons of the different
police districts.  Then I have a Sensus sub-place vector layer with over 10 000
sub-places which indicate the number of unemployed citizens per polygon.  The
Sensus sub-place layer therefor overlaps with the police districts and when
visualize some sub-places can make up 1%  up to 100% of a given police
district.  Most of the police districts also  contains 4 or more sub-places.
The problem is  I want to calculate the "approximate" unemployment rate per
police district by using the data from the Sensus sub-place layer.  Is there
perhaps an explanation on how I can determine" approximately proportionally"
what the unemployment is per police district.   I am new to QGIS and not up to
date with programming, however any assistance would be appreciated.

Regards
Deon Pretorius