Hi Lene,

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 3:00 AM, Lene Fischer <l...@ign.ku.dk> wrote:

>    Hi,
> I´m trying to open a KMZ-file in QGIS 2.0 - but get an error - Datasource
> is invalid.
> It is possible to open a KMZ in version 1.8

Please see: http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5242

Basically, the underlying data provider, GDAL/OGR in this case, needs to be
compiled with support for Google's libkml, which has routines for unzipping
the .kmz using the Minizip library. I did not see libkml in the current
package listings for OSGeo4W (assuming you are using that), in either the
32- or 64-bit installers [0].

There is a ticket already, requesting libkml support for OSGeo4W [1]. There
are also workarounds noted in the answers on gis.stackexchange.com [2]
(basically unzip the .kmz first).

[0] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/PackageListing
[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ticket/291
[2] http://gis.stackexchange.com/search?q=qgis+kmz