Backporting to the list:

Am 28.11.2013 20:02, schrieb Luca Arzeni:
Thanks to all, I was not clear in my question...

I already have the code to do the conversion... beside it, the
geograpphic lib is already available in python and, since it's the
code under proj, I think I would use it if I should not use mine
:-)

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/geographiclib

My question is: I would like to user MGRS as one of the others
native CRS available on the system (choosing it in systems dialog
and so on).

What is the proper way to plug my code inside QGIS to have it
available in all the system?

Since the people on proj seems to be aginst implementing MGS within
proj, my first thought was to write a wrapper around proj, so I
will pass the reqests to proj UNLESS I found a MGRS CRS, which
should be tackled by my routines.

Is this a reasonable way to go? or is there any other way, more
"QGISish"?

If this is the proper way, where I shoud hook my conversion code?

Thanks, larzeni