Am 29.11.2013 15:48, schrieb nagellette:
his post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet. Hi All,

I am new at Qgis and I enjoyed and find it usefuşş for most parts. I
am currently using map info for some buffer analysis and had some
problems about trying to do same analysis in qgis.

I am trying to put a ring buffer for 100m. I converted 100m into
degrees since my default projection in qgis is wgs84 epsg:4326. I
putted a point got a ring in qgis.

Ring created in qgis
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/n5091891/ring_qgis.jpg>

If your projection is EPSG:4326, units are in degrees. So your buffer in QGIS is not 100m, but 100°. You have to reproject your data to a CRS that has metres as units, like UTM for your part of the world.

HTH,
André Joost