Dear Andreas,

try Raster | Extraction | Clipper with a mask layer and alpha band.

Regards,
Zoltan

On Tue, 7 Jan 2014, Andreas Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Some of my maps I georeference are rotated approx. 45 degrees because
they did not point to the north before georeferencing. This is desired -
however - the resulting file has a huge black background as a result of
the rotation.

I tried with the option "use 0 for transparency if necessary" - which
helped - but the map already contains black pixels and the result is
that I have a lot of tiny transparent pixels in the map, next to the
transparent background I wanted. Is there a way to set this transparency
to a custom RGB value that I know it is not yet used within the map?

Thank you for any ideas.

Andreas