El 11/03/14 05:50, Lynkos escribió:
Back again needing your help...
I have a point shapefile containing bird observations and another polygon shapefile containing the boundaries of local authority areas. Using these, I need to add a column to the point shapefile attribute table containing the name of the local authority area in which the point falls. If the two files were both polygons, I would do an intersect or union. But doing this with a point file and a polygon file creates a shapefile, but without merging the attribute tables correctly. I get all the headings of both files, but the attributes of only one or the other of the files. I'm using QGIS 2.2. Thanks for any suggestions on how to achieve my result, Sarah.

Sarah, this can be done with, join attributes from localization, from ftools plugins.
http://www.qgis.org/es/docs/user_manual/plugins/plugins_ftools.html
Cheers
Leandro.