Greetings!

I'm new to Qgis and GRASS, and not particularly experencienced in GIS
as a whole, so apologies if what I'm asking betrays some basic lack of
understanding on how things work.

I did some searches in how to "place" a vector layer that was based on
a grid with a specific 0,0 datum and simple cartesian coordinates into
another layer that represents the world and after some time I settled
on using an affine transformation, which seems to be the only - or at
least better - way[1]. This led me to v.transform.pointsinfile[2].

This command was failing (the last error I got in the log pane was
"Could not determine input map's feature type(s)") so I did some
further experiemting and noticed this:

1) If I create a vector layer (from a CSV containing a list of
artefacts with x/y coordinates, via add delimited text layer) inside
Qgis (which works and is perfectly visible around WGS84 0,0), and then
apply v.transform.pointsinfile (with a point file I made), the command
fails

2) If I use GRASS directly to import the CSV (using v.in.ascii), and
then use Qgis GRASS integration to add the GRASS layer in Qgis, then
performing v.transformation.pointsinfile works without any problem.

Is this a behaviour that is to be somewhat expected? Perhaps it points
towards some problems with my GRASS configuration (other GRASS
commands work in Qgis though)?

I'm attaching the processing.log  just in case it is useful, as well
as the pointfile and original CSV. All should work in GRASS (and move
three points somewhere in the South Atlantic to the surroundings of
Lisbon).

Additional information: Qgis 2.2.0, GRASS 6.4.3, x86_64 in Ubuntu
GNU/Linux (saucy).

Any help welcome, of course.

Best regards,

Frederico

[1] I think that a custom CRS, with 0,0 tied to a lat/long and with
the angle specificed could also work for a small grid which is assumed
to be flat, but I could be wrong. The plan is to project an
archaeological grid (which uses relative coordinates
[2] qgsaffine requires information that I apparently get from
v.transform, so I didn't explored it further since I do not have the
information to fill the dialog.
# Linear transformation from XY to UTM coordinates:
# 4 maps corners defined
# UL NW
# UR NE
# LR SW
# LL SE
# 38,714231, -9,323088
#0     580  -9.32169 38.67235
0       15  -9.323206 38.714416
5       15  -9.32300 38.71444
5       0   -9.322967 38.714232
0       0   -9.323152 38.714208

#-584  585  598000 4920770
# 580  585  598020 4920770
# 580 -600  598020 4920750
#-584 -600  598000 4920750

ID,Quad,UE,Tipo,Desc,x,y,z
34,B7,2,CER,Bordo,1.77000,1.70000,53.20000
194,B6,7,CRV,Semente,2.20000,1.20000,51.35000
195,B6,7,CRV,Carvão,1.20000,0.30000,51.35000