Dear Mariana,

If You have the tif files, you do not have to merge the bands, you just
only need these files. Otherwise, maybe (if the images do not have 8 bit
format, but you will see when DDVI values will have non-regular values,
i.e. outside the -1-+1 range) you have to apply an atmospheric correction
(I had to ...) with the TOA plugin in QGIS. In this case you need the *.met
file for the correction, too.

Kind regards,
Szilard