Am 24.08.2014 19:18, schrieb muhali:
Andre Joost wrote
The ortho projection does not cover the whole world, only the visible
half. To avoid artefacts, you have to crop your data source to that
visible half. I have described here how you can do it:

ok, but why does it "generally" work for vector data?

The vector data reprojection tool skips objects that fall behind the visible half, the raster reprojection tool seems to exit immediately.

And then, the
visible part depends on the chosen center of projection, so crop the data is
not easily done.

No, not easily. It could be automated, but I have not yet heard of a plugin that does it.

Greetings,
André Joost