Thanks, I'll follow your suggestions.
If that's what's possible now I think I have to live with that.
Still, qgis is a great ope GIS!

regards

    Umberto Minora

Il 20/10/2014 10:49, Luigi Pirelli ha scritto:
Hi umerto,

I worked on that blocker issue with Arnoud in the last Hackmeeting in
Essen... we found a solution that has not been merged yet
(https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/1609). I post this answer to Jürgen
Fisher too, to "press" him to merge the pull request.

The problem raise at low level scale due the algorithm to find points
that intersects polygon and when the reshape line points are too near
the border.

conseguent to this error, is that the reshape tool remain active and
it's difficult to exit from reshaping... this was an unexpected
behaviour that wasn't catched.

Use case is generally archeological user that works with that level of scale.

waiting for the 2.6 release I suggest you to find a workaround, just
reshape at higher scales and/or setting the reshape line not so near
the polygon border (if it make sense)

Another workaround is changing the projection to work to higher scale.

regards, Luigi Pirelli