Hi Tom,
if I not misunderstood, you are looking probably for rule-based styling ?
http://nathanw.net/2011/06/06/one-of-my-favorite-features-of-qgis/

Cheers
Bernd

Am 03.01.2015, 01:12 Uhr, schrieb Tom Lennon <tolen...@gmail.com>:

Hi All
I am trying to add highway route number background symbols to a transportation layer. There are 9 different unique >symbols. I can only specify one per layer. I tried using Layer Properties>Feature Subset> query but could only specify >one feature set for the layer. I also tried double clicking the line symbol for a subset under style and the green >plus sign but that only produced lines drawn with the marker symbol. Do I need to add 9 copies of the layer, set the >properties for each subset I need and symbolize each individually?
Hope I have missed some easier method.
Tom

--tolen...@gmail.com

--