On 13-02-15 04:21, Trudgett, David wrote:
> The following behaviour manifests itself when adding a WMTS layer to a blank
> QGIS project.
>
> When you add any WMTS layer and zoom to extent, what it actually does is zoom
> to the TileMatrixSet extent and not the layer. The layer is correctly
> advertising the WGS84BoundingBox but QGIS is ignoring it. If it used this
> value instead, zooming to layer for WMTS would make a lot more sense.
>
> <Layer>
> <ows:Title>Surat_Basin_Area.ecw</ows:Title>
> <ows:Identifier>P1_Surat_Basin_Area.ecw </ows:Identifier>
> <ows:WGS84BoundingBox>
> <ows:LowerCorner>150.045708962027 -26.693037874264</ows:LowerCorner>
> <ows:UpperCorner>150.447045150312 -26.243579854007</ows:UpperCorner>
> </ows:WGS84BoundingBox>
>
> So when you add, say, a layer in googlemapscompatible or globalcrs84pixel it
> will request the root tile index of the global tilematrixset, which for
> localized imagery will mean the dataset is rendered at the sub-pixel level
> (not shown!)
>
> Is it possible to get QGIS to use the WGS84BoundingBox values?

Hi David,

this looks like a 'feature request' which is best to be put in our
'issue-tracker'.

Read about it here:
http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/index.html#bugs-features-and-issues

It is wise to add the connection parameters to it of a public available
service, while it is maybe not so hard for a developer to change the
code, it can be (too much) time to find out a working server which has
different extents for layers and tilematrixset.

My preference is that you create the issue/feature request yourself, but
if it is a problem for you to generate (and watch) the issue, sent me
enough info, then I'm happy to create the issue for you.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde