Hi,

As a part of lectures at our university, I show the students and lecturere the
mailing lists.
Mailing lists are run by volunteers for free (You and Me ☺) and we all use our
time to read and answer questions. Or read and learn. Our way of taking part of
the Open Source community.

It is a goldmine with free access!!

There are not so many rules to be followed as user:

·        Be polite – use conventional greetings – Hi –Regards – Thanks. Use
your name

·        Be specific and add example or data so it is possible to help.

Eric Steven Raymond has made a blog with “How To Ask Questions The Smart Way”
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before

This blog has become a part of my students Curriculum. Not only for using a
mailing list – but for everyday question to fellow students and lecturers. A
timesaver and mindsetter.

Hope you all will read and forward the link. It will help us all ☺

Regards

Lene Fischer
Associate Professor

Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management
University of Copenhagen

MOB +45 40115084
l...@ign.ku.dk<mailto:l...@ign.ku.dk>

[cid:image001.gif@01D03029.2F3EC6A0]