Hello Andreas,

yes it’s for some ‘historisation', more precisely to make a filiation, and yes
I certainly will use triggers in PostGIS.  But I wanted to avoid confusion
between different kind of edition operations that I’m not currently foreseeing;
I’m not sure it will always be easy to distinct this specific action from
others.  And I thought that it might also be interesting outside of the
database world, to have that "edit and preserve" operation.

Didier